Machu Picchu & Amazon
Join MAD on a nine day tour as we spend time enjoying the magnificent architecture and vibrant colors of Cusco before heading to the Sacred Valley.
Rest for a night and then set off on the once-in-a-lifetime five day journey along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the site, overnight in Aguas Calientes, and the chance to climb Huayna Picchu or explore the Amazon to round off your Peruvian adventure.
Ready to secure your spot?
Register and read to the Terms and Conditions.
Pay your Deposit of $500 in order to secure your spot (refundable within 24 hours of booking) as soon as possible to secure your spot. $250 of your deposit goes towards your fundraising fee and the other $250 goes to our climbing company for your hiking permit. Permits sell out very early for Machu Picchu. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you don’t go, we don’t get a refund on the permit nor the amount of work our group leaders and travel company put in.
Must be 18 years of age or have a guardian with you.
- DAY 1: Arrive in Lima. Relax at hotel of your choice (on own). Next day flight to Cusco to meet up with group.
- DAY 2: Arrive in Cusco, afternoon tour, visit to school to meet one of the students you’re helping, overnight in Cusco
- DAY 3: Full day tour of the Sacred Valley with lunch and overnight in the Sacred Valley
- DAY 4-8: Five day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Day 8 tour of Machu Picchu. End in Cusco
- DAY 9: Departure from Cusco
- DAYS 10-12: Optional three day popular add on to visit the Amazon Rainforest. Transfer by boat to Puerto Maldonada
Breakfasts 7, Lunches 6, Dinners 3, Hotel Nights 4 and Camping Nights 3
The price for this itinerary (not including the fundraising component) for a minimum of 7 people (6 participants and 1 group leader) is US$1865 per person, double/triple occupancy. Single supplement is US$285 per person in all hotels and tents.
- Group leader from Make A Difference who will be with you daily in Peru. He/she will be available to answer questions about the students you’re hiking for and MAD.
- Bi-lingual guides and transfer agents
- Fully supported trek: Transportation to the trailhead, bi-lingual guide, cook, porters, Inca Trail permits, meals on trek, large two-person sleeping tents and Thermarest, dining tent, table and chairs, portable toilet, shuttle, entrance and guided tour of Machu Picchu, train return to Cusco.
- Cusco airport/hotel transfers
- Operating costs for event setup
- 3-star hotels, double occupancy
- Breakfast at hotels, as well as meals on trek
- 1/2 day Cusco city tour and nearby ruins – private
- Full day Sacred Valley tour with lunch
- International and domestic flights
- Services and hotels upon arrival in Lima (hotel price in Lima ranges from $50 to $125 a night)
- Personal hiking gear (sleeping bag, day pack, etc.)
- Tips. Approximately $80 per person for tips; price can go lower or higher depending on service.
- 3-day Amazon Rainforest Excursion is US$420 per person, double/triple occupancy.
There is a minimum fundraising requirement of US $1,000/person. Any amount raised for the children is tax deductible. An easy way to ask for support of your hike is by setting up a fundraising page. It’s a great way to spread the word that you are making a difference and keep track of your donations.
+ Mandatory Insurance
To ensure that your time with MAD is enjoyable and free from worries, MAD has made travel insurance compulsory. Without limitation, MAD is not responsible for any injury, damage, loss of property or delays during your stay.
Need to make a payment or pay remaining balance?
Pay your Remaining Balance and Fundraising Goal by June 5th (60 days before the climb).
* You can make a payment, pay remaining balance, and attach documents here.
Note: Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight.
Find out if you’re eligible for a Charity Climb Rewards discount. Many people also use matching funds from the corporations they work for or ask foundations like the Rotary Foundation in their home town to help.
Meet the Students You’ll be Climbing For
We will be helping a student in Peru who you will get to meet at their school. In addition to the student we be sponsoring in Peru we will also be hiking for other students that MAD supports. Get acquainted now.
Before you leave on your journey, purchase a MAD t-shirt or bag for your trip which makes a difference!
Shop and Make a Difference.