Join MAD on a fundraising climb and safari that will change your life and truly make a difference in the lives of vulnerable youth. The first week will be spent learning about the local Chagga culture and at the children’s school. The second week will be spent climbing Africa’s highest peak, followed by an optional safari!
Ready to secure your spot?
Register and pay deposit.
A US deposit of $250/person (refundable within 24 hours of making payment) is required to reserve your spot. The deposit goes towards your fundraising goal and secures a spot for you on the trek. To not miss out on this incredible adventure which makes a difference, pay your deposit now and your remaining balance 60 days before your trip start date.
DAY 1: Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), transfer to Moshi, overnight MAD Guest House by Make A Difference driver.
DAYS 2-5: Meet the children you’re climbing for, visit one of the villages they come from, learn about the local culture and help paint one of the schools that they attend as well as work on an educational project. Overnight MAD Guest House
DAYS 6-12: Kilimanjaro Machame Trek
DAY 13: Overnight at Make A Difference guest house. Transfer to airport by MAD or optional add on.
Recommended add on days 14-15: 2-day optional safari to Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater
- US $2,545/person (price contingent on 4+ people). *Recommended add on 2 day safari: US $545 (minimum of 6 people needed, price goes up if less than 6 people).
- Donation to our Education Fund for the Children
- Airport pickup & drop off
- 24 Hour security & assistance
- Swahili & cultural lessons
- Time with the children at their school
- 4 nights at Make A Difference’s volunteer guest house
- 1 night at hotel with breakfast
- 7 days/6 nights hiking and camping on mountain with climbing staff
- All meals except lunch and dinner at Moshi hotel
- All transport
- International and domestic flights
- Lunch and dinner at hotel in Moshi
- Personal hiking gear (sleeping bag, day pack, etc.)
Fundraising Requirement: $2,000 Total
Breakdown of Fudraising Goal: $1,400 for our education endownement $600 towards your program costs with MAD (food, transport, guide, projects).
An easy way to ask for support of your MAD fundraising trip is by setting up a fundraising page. It’s a great way to spread the word that you are making a difference and keep track of your donations.
+ Mandatory Insurance
To ensure that your time with MAD is enjoyable and free from worries, MAD has made travel insurance compulsory for all programs and events. Without limitation, MAD is not responsible for any injury, damage, loss of property or delays during your stay.
Need to make a payment or pay remaining balance? You can do that here!
* You can make a payment, pay remaining balance, and attach documents.
Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight.
Climbing Kilimanjaro, we suggest reading: Beyond Mountaintop
Want to meet the children you will be be helping? Get acquainted now.
Find out if you’re eligible for a Charity Climb Rewards discount.
Create your fundraising page now!
Note: MAD only issues tax receipts for money raised for the children not your personal climb fees.
Before you leave on your journey, purchase a MAD t-shirt, hat or bag and help educate a child. Shop and Make a Difference.