Help Orphaned & Impoverished Youth in Tanzania, Africa. Give Back, Experience Kilimanjaro & Go on Safari!
Bond with coworkers by utilizing volunteer time off to give back. Our team building trips enable groups to make a difference together while getting to know one another and learn about another culture. Includes optional safari and/or Kilimanjaro Climb!
November 21st (arrive between 5pm-9pm) – November 28th (depart)
Safari Option: Extend until the 29th and depart for safari on the 28th at 830am (2 day safari) *The safari company can drop you off at the airport by 6pm on the last day of your safari for evening flights out.
Please read the following information on what to expect from your trip.
If you have any questions make sure to visit our contact page.
+ Tentative Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) between 6pm – 9 pm; Our staff will greet you at the airport and transfer you to our guest house in Moshi (one hour drive).
Day 2: Orientation, Swahili course, learn about the local food and icebreakers with children.
Day 3: Experience what a day in the life of one of our children is like in their villages and learn about the Chagga Tribe
Day 4 – 7: English and Career development workshops and the possibility to help with a project at the school such as (painting, stocking a library with books, teaching tech workshops, building a classroom); play sports with children; career presentations and our traditional African sendoff!
Days 8-10: Optional 3 day safari or 7 day hike up Kilimanjaro safari accommodation is at upscale hotels, Kilimanjaro accommodation is tented. Includes all meals, transport, accommodation, guides, drivers and park entrance fees. Price is $995 US for 3 day safari in 2018 and $695 for the 2 day safari in 2019 (based on a minimum of 6 people. This price is not included in your volunteer program fee).*
+ Cost of Program
US $2,250/person (minimum of 6 people needed, maximum of 12). If these dates above don’t work for you, please let us know. Sometimes we can form another group around other dates.
Early Bird Special: Register and pay for your trip by August 1st 2020 and pay $2,000 (US)/person $250 less than the regular price. Use promo code: fall20 when you register and pay deposit.
+ Steps to Join Us
- Register with us.
- Once we see that you have registered, we ask that you pay/fundraise for your $250 deposit to hold your spot.This deposit is refundable within 24 hours of payment and if the required minimum of people isn’t met we will issue you a credit for your program that will honor for a year. As soon as we receive your registration and deposit, your spot will be reserved. If you’d like to be a group leader we offer substantial discounts on your program. For more information visit our Salesforce VTO deck
- Your remaining balance is due 60 days before you depart on you trip. We can also help you get started on planning your safari or a hike up Kilimanjaro with our award winning travel partner that help supports MAD!
- Read FAQ's in the MAD TANZANIA GUIDEBOOK > Read our Read Before You Go page to help you prepare for joining our Make A Difference team in Africa and our Salesforce VTO deck
+ Payment Covers
- Airport pickup and drop Off
- Accommodation at our guest house
- Three meals a day prepared by our local chef (who can accommodate a variety of diets)
- Staff: Guide, driver, Swahili teacher, cook and evening security guard
- Projects focused on education
- Daily transfers to projects and cultural programs
- Entrance fees for cultural programs
Register and pay your initial fundraising deposit of $250.
Your fundraising deposit is refundable up to 24 hours. This money goes directly to Make A Difference to support the children we help.
Add on: You can add on an optional hike, Mt. Kilimanjaro for Education. Reserve your spot by paying the $400 trip deposit. More details.
The $400 deposit goes toward your total trip cost.
Pay for your remaining balances. You will need to enter two separate payments using the button below. One will be the remaining balance owed for your trip and the other is your fundraising balance. These are both due 60 days before your trip.
Attach matching documents here.
Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight.