Help Orphaned & Impoverished Youth in Tanzania, Africa. Give Back, Experience Kilimanjaro & Go on Safari!
January 3rd (arrive between 5pm-9pm) – January 10th (depart)
Safari Option: Extend until the 11th and depart for safari on the 10th at 830am (2 day safari)
*The safari company can drop you off at the airport by 6pm on the last day of your safari for evening flights out.
Register & Pay Your $250 Deposit to Reserve Your Spot Now.
+ Your Tentative Daily Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) between 6pm – 9 pm; Our staff will greet you at the airport and transfer you to our guest house in Moshi (one hour drive).
- Day 2: Orientation, Swahili course, learn about the local food and icebreakers with children.
- Day 3: Experience what a day in the life of one of our children is like in their villages and learn about the Chagga Tribe
- Day 4 – 7: English and Career development workshops and the possibility to help with a project at the school such as (painting, stocking a library with books, teaching tech workshops, building a classroom); play sports with children; career presentations and our traditional African sendoff!
- Days 8-10: Optional 3 day safari or 7 day hike up Kilimanjaro safari accommodation is at upscale hotels, Kilimanjaro accommodation is tented. Includes all meals, transport, accommodation, guides, drivers and park entrance fees. Price is $995 US for 3 day safari in 2018 and $695 for the 2 day safari in 2019 (based on a minimum of 6 people. This price is not included in your volunteer program fee).*
+ Next steps to joining our MADNow team in Tanzania
- Register with us.
- Once we see that you have registered, we ask that you pay/fundraise for your $250 deposit to hold your spot.This deposit is refundable within 24 hours of payment and if the required minimum of people isn’t met we will issue you a credit for your program that will honor for a year. As soon as we receive your registration and deposit, your spot will be reserved. If you’d like to be a group leader we offer substantial discounts on your program. For more information visit our Salesforce VTO deck
- Your remaining balance is due 60 days before you depart on you trip. We can also help you get started on planning your safari or a hike up Kilimanjaro with our award winning travel partner that help supports MAD!
- FAQ“>Read our Read Before You Go page to help you prepare for joining our Make A Difference team in Africa and our Salesforce VTO deck
+ Cost of Program
US $2,000/person (minimum of 6 people needed, maximum of 12). If these dates above don’t work for you, please let us know. Sometimes we can form another group around other dates.
+ Payment Covers
- Airport pickup and drop Off
- Accommodation at our guest house
- Three meals a day prepared by our local chef (who can accommodate a variety of diets)
- Staff: Guide, driver, Swahili teacher, cook and evening security guard
- Projects focused on education
- Daily transfers to projects and cultural programs
- Entrance fees for cultural programs
- Donation to our education endowment fund
* Your remaining balance is due 60 days before you depart on you trip.
You can attach matching documents when you pay your remaining balance.