Salesforce Kilimanjaro + 3 Day Safari
Help Orphaned & Impoverished Youth in Tanzania, Africa. Give Back, Experience Kilimanjaro & Go on Safari!
Bond with coworkers by utilizing volunteer time off to give back. Our team building trips enable groups to make a difference together while getting to know one another and learn about another culture. Includes optional safari and/or Kilimanjaro Climb!
September 18th (arrive) and September 21st (depart)
Safari Add On Option:
Arrive on the 16th in the morning for a (3-day safari) *Our safari partner company can drop you off at our guest house on the 18th after your safari.
Kilimanjaro Add On Option:
Extend on seven more days after or before your program. Hike the Machame Route. Each participant agrees to raise $500 with matching funds on top of their hiking fee for our education endowment. *Airport drop-offs can be arranged after.
Please read the following information on what to expect from your trip.
If you have any questions make sure to visit our contact page.
+ Tentative Itinerary
Day 1 - 3: Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) on the 16th by 9am or the night before with a stay at KIA Lodge. Our partner safari company will meet you at the airport to take you on safari.
Day 4: Orientation, Swahili course, learn about the local food and do icebreakers with the children.
Day 5: Experience what a day in the life of one of our children is like in their villages and learn about the Chagga Tribe.
Day 6 – 9: English, Computer and Career development workshops and the possibility to help with a project at the school such as (painting, stocking a library with books, teaching tech workshops, building a classroom); play sports with children; career presentations and our traditional African sendoff! Airport transfers are available by our staff for evening flights out between starting at 4pm.
+ Cost of Program
US $2,250/person (minimum of 6 people needed, maximum of 12). If the dates of this trip don’t work for you, please let us know. Sometimes we can form another group around other dates.
Early Bird Special: Register and pay for your trip by July 15th, 2019 and pay $2,000 (US)/person $250 less than the regular price. Use promo code: sept19 when you register and pay the deposit.
+ Steps to Join Us
- Register with us.
- Once we see that you have registered, we ask that you pay/fundraise for your $250 deposit to hold your spot. This deposit is refundable within 24 hours of payment and if the required minimum of people isn’t met we will issue you a credit for your program that will honor for a year. As soon as we receive your registration and deposit, your spot will be reserved. If you’d like to be a group leader we offer substantial discounts on your program. For more information visit our Salesforce VTO deck
- Your remaining balance is due 60 days before you depart on your trip. We can also help you get started on planning your safari or a hike up Kilimanjaro with our award-winning travel partner that help supports MAD!
- Read MAD'S TANZANIA GUIDEBOOK and also read our Tanzania FAQ's to help you prepare for joining our Make A Difference team in Africa and our Salesforce VTO deck.
+ Payment Covers
- Airport pickup and drop off from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) 45 minute drive each way. *Group must arrive within a three hour window of each other in order to reduce number of transfers.
- Accommodation at our guest house
- Three meals a day prepared by our local chef (who can accommodate a variety of diets)
- Staff: operations manager, driver, Swahili teacher, cook and evening security guard The property is fenced and guards on duty throughout the evening so it feels safe and comfortable.
- Daily transfers to projects and cultural programs
- Entrance fees for cultural programs
- Certificate of completion
Register and pay your initial fundraising deposit of $250.
Your fundraising deposit is refundable up to 24 hours. This money goes directly to Make A Difference to support the children we help.
Add on: You can add on an optional hike, Mt. Kilimanjaro for Education. Reserve your spot by paying the $400 trip deposit. More details.
The $400 deposit goes toward your total trip cost.
Pay your remaining balances. You will need to enter two separate payments using the button below. One is the remaining balance owed for your trip and the other is your fundraising balance. Both are due 60 days before your trip.
Attach matching documents when you pay your balance.
Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight.