Volunteer in Tanzania
Make A Difference Near Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa
Nestled amidst the snows of Kilimanjaro and just a few hours from the Serengeti, our guest house offers a home away from home. Our Service Learning Program will teach you about the local culture, cuisine and language while you work on projects that give back long term. Our program is great for both individuals traveling alone as well as families and organizations.
Next Steps to Get You to Tanzania!
Click below to register & pay $250 deposit
Typical Week A typical week schedule with MAD would be as follows:
- Day 1 Arrival (most flights arrive at around 830pm into Moshi/Kilimanjaro airport). Meet and greet from our staff. Transfer in MAD's vehicle to our guest house 45 minutes away near Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Day 2 Orientation. Get familiar with the local culture and learn a few key Swahili phrases. Review of your upcoming schedule for the week and later an opportunity to meet the children at one of the schools we help and tour their school.
- Day 3 Head to a local baby orphanage that MAD supports. Spend time with the children either helping them get outside to play, learn how to walk or help feed them. Later we'd love it if you could teach them songs and read simply early learning books with them.
- Day 4 We will be driving 45 minutes near the gates of Kilimanjaro to learn about the local Chagga culture and then hike to a beautiful waterfall.
- Day 5-7 In the mornings go to the baby orphanage and every other day work on a project in the afternoon with our older students. Projects vary depending on your experience, interest and our student's schedule; from creating jewelry to raise money for education, making cards and later having our students help you paint them, playing sports with our students, helping them with their English, painting a classroom or teaching a short workshops on how to use computers. For the days that you won't be working on a project we will be teaching you Swahili and cooking lessons so you can learn how to cook some of the local meals.
Volunteers are scheduled to work 30 hours a week. However, the nature of work is such that volunteers and staff may occasionally participate in after-hours activities.
Our Program Includes: Housing, meals, language courses, cultural learning, orientation, airport pick up and drop off, volunteer related transportation, house security, guide, cook, planned sight seeing and educational trips.
Rates Per Week
- 1 Person 1 Wk $1,200.00 USD
- 1 + People 1 Wk Discount PP $600.00 USD
- 1 Person 2 Wks $1,700.00 USD
- 1 + People 2 Wks Discount PP $1,100.00 USD
- 1 Person 3 Wks $2,200.00 USD
- 1 + People 3 Wks Discount PP $1,500.00 USD
- 1 Person 1 Month $2,500.00 USD
- 1 + People 1 Month $1,800.00 USD
To ensure that your time with MAD is enjoyable and free from worries, we have made travel insurance compulsory for all programs and events. This must be purchased on your own. Without limitation, MAD is not responsible for any injury, damage, loss of property or delays during your stay.
*Must be 18 years of age or have a letter from a guardian stating you have their permission to go. Insurance is manditory.
+ Optional Safari
We encourage our volunteers to explore the country they will be working in and offer suggestions on cultural site seeing trips throughout their time with us.
Need to make a payment or pay your remaining balance? You can do that here.
*Dates and fundraising minimums are subject to change. Please confirm with us before you purchase your flight.